5 Tips for Buying Used in
Grand RapidsMany budget-conscious Grand Rapids auto owners who need a reliable vehicle can’t even consider buying a new one. So they are forced to take their chances with a used one. If you are in this situation, how can you find a vehicle that is going to serve you well for many years to come? Spaanstra Bros. Automotive Service presents five tips for used car buyers:
1. Ask for service records. Most owners who document regular maintenance service take care of their vehicle.
2. Inspect the vehicle thoroughly. Check for uneven tire wear, alignment issues, suspension issues, strange sounds and funky odors.
3. If everything checks out up to this point, bring it to Spaanstra Bros. Automotive Service for a thorough used car inspection. Your considerate Spaanstra Bros. Automotive Service service specialist can give you a heads up on any pressing issues or emerging problems that will need to be addressed eventually. If the seller won’t let you do this before you buy, move on.
4. Buy a CarFax report. This will show any major collisions and title status concerns including whether it is a salvaged vehicle. You don’t want a car that was underwater for a week after Hurricane Sandy.
5. After you buy, stay on top of regular maintenance (and save the records). Spaanstra Bros. Automotive Service will help keep your car running well and you will enjoy not having a car payment.
Spaanstra Bros Auto Repair in Grand Rapids MI 49503, we install quality NAPA replacement parts. Give us a call at 616.459.8941.